2009-01-01

Osechi-ryori

I ate Osechi-ryori in this morning, and I drank O-toso.
Osechi-ryōri are traditional Japanese New Year foods.
The dishes that make up osechi each have a special meaning celebrating the New Year. Some examples are:
Kazunoko , herring roe. Kazu means "number" and ko means "child". It symbolizes a wish to be gifted with numerous children in the New Year. Konbu, a kind of seaweed. It is associated with the word yorokobu, meaning "joy". Kuro-mame
, blackly soybeans. Mame also means "health," symbolizing a wish for health in the New Year. Tazukuri , dried sardines cooked in soy souce The literal meaning of the kanji in tazukuri is "rice paddy maker", as the fish were used historically to fertilize rice fields. The symbolism is of an abundant harvest. Zoni, a soup of mochi rice cakes in clear broth or miso broth.
O-toso, is spiced medicinal sake traditionally drunk during New year celebrations in Japan.
To say truth, I don't like Osechi-ryori and O-toso. These thing is not good taste for me. If I can ,I don' t want to eat.(177words)

No comments: