2009-01-04

Animal Legends


I read "Animal Legends". There were 3 stories in the book. These stories was "The cat and the rat", "Why monkeys live in trees", and "The rabbidts and the crocodile". Each stories was easy to read and it was interesting. In the book, I pick up about the first story, "The cat and the rat"
Needless to say, the main characters was a cat and a rat. I have thought a cat doesn't get along with a rat, and I have a image cats always chase rats, like "Tom and Jerry". I can't believe it now, cats and rats were best friends long time ago. They live happily on an island where there were all they need. But they were too happy, they were tired of the life. There was nothing to do for them. So, they came to look for another place to live. They made a boat it was made of trees. When they rowed with two oars, a cat fell asleep and a rat got to be hungry. So, the rat nibbled the boat a little when a cat was falling asleep. The rat too nibble, water started to slosh up through the boat, and they had to swim toward land. The cat doesn't like to wet, then, he was very angry to the rat. He tried to eat the rat, but the rat run away from the cat. Like this, cats always came to chase rats.

After I read the story, I thought it was funny. If the rat didn't fault, they might have been good friends, I think. (261 words)

No comments: